Back in March I showed you how to make DIY Gift Bows from magazines. When I made the bows, I made a trio of three; here’s the third and final installment – using a Grey Goose vodka ad!
You will need: Colourful page from a glossy magazine, pencil, ruler, scissors, glue stick
Instructions – adapted from How About Orange:
- For best results pull out a glossy page from a magazine which is colourful on both sides
- You can make your bow any size, as long as each series of strips is about an inch shorter than the one before. The longer the strips, the bigger the bow
- For a typical magazine, you will be cutting out nine (or ten) strips of paper as follows:
- 3 strips: 10.5 x 0.75 (inches)
- 3 strips: 9.5 x 0.75 (inches)
- 2 (or 3) strips: 8.5 x 0.75 (inches)
- 1 strip: 3.5 x 0.75 (inches)
- Twist each strip to form a loop, and glue in place to create perfect points at both ends
- Take the three longest strips and layer them on top of each other, spacing evenly and glue
- Repeat this process with the remaining strips, glueing together and spaing at intervals
- Glue the final strip into a circle and stick into the centre of the bow – et voila!
- Attach the bow to your pressie with a glue dot or double-sided tape
The final collection:
Which one is your favourite?
Why not give it a go!